The Way of the Future

The Way of the Future
We are the 21st Century Teachers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Final Relfection

These last five weeks have been quite the journey. Not only I have learned how to manage an online class, I have learned how to use an ABUNDANT amount of online tools such as, googletools, googledocs, sliderocket, blinkys, webex, wiziq, setting up personal webpages, blogger.com, setting up wikis, and much, much more. My head is still spinning with all the new resources I have (saved on my favorites of course!) This course has opened my eyes to so much. As a young woman embarking on her career in teaching, I have now been exposed to so many important and powerful tools. I cannot wait to use them in my teaching career, as well as future classes at the Mount.

Teaching with technology was not something that I really gave too much thought to before this class. Of course I knew that we are in a new generation of technologies and that we need to make use of them; but I didn't know how much was really out there. Knowledge is truly the key. We as educators need to educate ourselves on these tools. All of the tools we used in this class were FREE which makes it impossible not to use in our classrooms. However, we need to educate ourselves on how to do so.

This experience for me has been beyond any experience I have had thus far at the Mount. I truly feel I was able to open up a world in front of me that I didn't quite know was there. I would like to thank my group members, and other classmates for also being a HUGE part of my learning experience. Without their collaboration I wouldn't have gotten this far. Of course, I would like to thank Dr. Smirnova as well for her passion of teaching with technology and her contagious upbeat spirit! Thank you all for an amazing journey and I look forward to working with everyone again (using our new tools!)

1 comment:

  1. Pam, I agree. Before this class, the extent of technology in the classroom was typing essays and smartboards. Now there are so many other possibilities. The only thing I can hope for now is that I will work for a school district that will embrace these technologies.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete