The Way of the Future

The Way of the Future
We are the 21st Century Teachers

Friday, July 9, 2010

Twitter in High School Classrooms

I have no experience with twitter as if yet, except what I hear from other people. I never thought of using networking sites like twitter in an actual classroom. However, after watching the tutorial on using twitter in high school classes, it might not be a bad idea. High school students are old enough (hopefully) to use this type of technology appropriately. I think if monitored and used correctly this can be a really great tool. These are some useful ways/reasons I think twitter could be used in a high school setting:

-Its interesting (breaking the norm)
-Its fun
- a great way to collaborate with other students, teachers, and even people outside of the classroom
-parents can follow up
-keep students connected even after class is over
-teachers can pose questions to be answered and take polls
-can be used in all subjects

These are just some reasons I came up with. I think this may be something we will see as we continue to enter this world of vast technology. I will have to report back once I see what twitter is all about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment