The Way of the Future

The Way of the Future
We are the 21st Century Teachers

Saturday, July 10, 2010

B-E-S-T NETS!

Out of the six NET-S standards the two that stand out to me from personal experience that is being implemented well would have to be "creativity and innovations" and "technology operations and concepts".

The reason I chose the first one is because I think the idea of being creative is being pushed onto students more and more as time goes on. We want our students to succeed. A huge part of doing that is being creative! I have seen lots of collaborative work done in classrooms within student group. Students are asked to come up with new ideas using prior knowledge, personal expression, and imagination. This is typically done very well and students seem to respond to this. I will definitely keep that in mind as I go forward as an educator to encourage this time of behavior and work ethnic from my students.

The second standard I chose was "technology operations and concepts". The reason I chose this was because technology is everywhere, especially for young children. Kids know everything when it comes to computers, video games, cell phone etc. I think that since they are being brought up in such a high tech world they are immersed in technology at a very young age. This can be seen as a positive because they are coming to us with a stellar amount of prior knowledge of technology.

How do we meet the rest of the standards? Easy. We need the technology in our classrooms and teachers need training!!!!!! If teachers knew what they were doing and felt comfortable using these new technologies we would be all set….but someone has to teach them! Once that is done we wont be able to do anything without the equipment. That is where the school budgets need to allot for a bigger and better budget for technology! Its all a work in progress!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment