The Way of the Future

The Way of the Future
We are the 21st Century Teachers

Monday, December 13, 2010

The end is in sight!

I cannot believe how fast the end of the semester has come. Is it really December?! This semester has been filled with methods, models, strategies, theorists, web-questing, direct instruction, information processing, social interaction, group projects, and TECHNOLOGY, TECHNOLOGY, TECHNOLOGY! Thinking back to my first class with Dr. S over the summer (literacy and technology) to now, I cannot believe I am actually comfortably using much of the technology that I have learned. Dr. S is truly an inspiration when it comes to trying new things. All that I have learned have definitely opened my eyes to planning more effective, engaging, and motivating lessons for my students.

I was happy to actually TEACH the lessons that I have made in methods this semester. I am fortunate enough to work as a permanent substitute teacher in an elementary school where I have free reign to teach students the lessons I am working on. This semester I concentrated on 4th grade science in particular. My students were AMAZED at the web-quest I used. Never, have the students, nor the teacher, used such a tool in the classroom during a lesson. I really think I am able now to teach other teachers in the building how to incorporate all my new, and effective skills. I feel I now have a strong grasp on the differences, and the importances of using the different models to create meaningful lessons for my students. There are so many ways to teach!!!!! I truly feel like I have mastered these three types in particular, and feel confident I can use them in the future with no problem.

This course was definitely a ton of work, but without hard work, you cannot truly succeed. I am so proud of my accomplishments, my learning, my mistakes, my interactions with my classmates, and most of all everything I learned from Dr.S.

Thank you Dr. S for everything you have done for me, and our class this semester! I look forward to keeping in touch with you in the future, and of course as my personal technology reference!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Pam,
    I agreee that after these two classes, I feel like a much more fearless "digital immigrant". It is exciting to bring our new skills and knowledge to our students and colleagues. I think that there is a real need to acknowledge that our students need strong exposure to technology, not only for increased engagement, but also in order to prepare for their work world, where they will be expected to be fluent in this new but pervasive means of communication, learning and interaction.
    As intense as these classes have been, I am sorry to be closing out this class, with its constant exposure and practice in this new world of 21st century skills. At this point it is up to me to continue to learn, so that I may teach.

    ReplyDelete